Search news articles to develop an understanding of current events in a country or industry.
1. In Lexis-Nexis, Select All News from the Search by Content menu.
2. Enter your search terms into the box.
3. From advanced options, select newspapers and major world publications. Click Apply.
4. Article results will default in relevance order (recommended) but can be switched to date order.
Federal laws and regulations
Search for federal and state laws and regulations.
1. In Lexis Nexis, select Federal Statutes and Regulations OR State Statues and Regulations from the search by content menu.
2. To search by topic, enter the topic into the search box. Use quotation marks for phrases. Limit to statutues to view only laws.
3. To search by code name, enter the name using quotation marks into the search box. Limit to statutues to view only laws.
4. To search by citation, enter the citation number into the search box. Use sec for the symbol §.
Law reviews provide in-depth discussion of legal issues. Use law reviews to gain an understanding of a topic and/or for references to important cases, laws, and regulations.
1. In Lexis-Nexis, select Law Reviews from the search by content menu.
2. To search by topic, enter your search terms into the search box. Use quotations marks for phrases.
(802)227-0222 text message