Search news articles to develop an understanding of current events in a country or industry.
1. In Lexis-Nexis, Select All News from the Search by Content menu.
2. Enter your search terms into the box.
3. From advanced options, select newspapers and major world publications. Click Apply.
4. Article results will default from newest to oldest order. Switching to relevance order will re-order articles with those more closely matched to your search terms appearing at the top of the list.
Federal laws and regulations
Search for federal and state laws and regulations.
1. In Lexis Nexis, select Federal Statutes and Regulations OR State Statues and Regulations from the search by content menu.
2. To search by code number, from advanced options use the select a segment menu to select cite. Enter the citation number in parentheses.
3. To search by code name, enter the name using quotation marks into the search box.
4. To search by topic, enter the topic into the search box. Use quotation marks for phrases.
Law reviews provide in-depth discussion of legal issues. Use law reviews to gain an understanding of a topic and/or for references to important cases, laws, and regulations.
1. In Lexis-Nexis, select Law Reviews from the search by content menu.
2. To search by topic, enter your search terms into the search box. Use quotations marks for phrases.
(802)227-0222 text message